IT IS IMPORTANT TO WELL ORGANIZE THE TRANSFER OF PRESENT KNOWLEDGE
TRANSFER OF PRESENT KNOWLEDGE
Orderly management succession is one of the major contributors to an organisation’s ongoing and future success. Organisations need executives with a unique blend of personal attributes and professional skills as well as the highest managerial competence – the ability to adapt to change, to function as an initiator and to think creatively. Identifying and developing these executives is a challenge, and an exercise that must be planned rather than left to chance.
Where once internal appointments were made primarily on the basis of an individual’s past accomplishments, it is now incumbent on organisations to supplement this measure with an understanding of an executive’s innate capabilities, personal style and potential.
We assist clients, through a consultative process, in planning management succession by:
• helping define future management needs and set related time frames – by gaining up-to-date, incisive, confidential knowledge on the organisation and its plans;
• evaluating executive competencies, performance and vision – through bi-annual interviews;
• assessing executives’ inherent skills, attributes, styles and aspects of personality – through the use of preference surveys and psychometric questionnaires;
• identifying prospective ‘fast-trackers’ and defining selected development plans;
• establishing individual mentoring and monitoring programmes; and
• advising on actual appointments.
EMBARK HELPS CUSTOMERS WITH THE PLANNING OF KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER THROUGH:
Up-to-date confidential knowledge about the organization and its plans helps define future management needs.
Evaluating executive competencies, performance and vision – through bi-annual interviews and assessing the inherent skills, attributes, styles and aspects of personality executives – through the use of preferred surveys and psychometric questionnaires.
Determining individual supervision and supervision of programs and advising on active appointments.
Identifying potential fast trackers and defining selected development plans.