Our client offers one of the most extensive services and products portfolio on the market, combining comprehensive solutions and services for agriculture and industries in Africa.
With decades of presence on the African continent, we developed a unique expertise and capacity to understand our customer’s needs. They listens, gains insights, innovates, advises, guides and supports. From the busiest urban centers to the most remote rural locations, our client makes sure that our products are reliably and available when and where needed. They operate in several African countries.
The line of products and services are Fertilizers and Crop protection products for agriculture as well as Chemical products and services for the industries.
We are now recruiting a Group Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to be based in Geneva, Switzerland.
Within a business that has seen significant change following carve out from a publicly traded company to a standalone group, this role offers the opportunity to work alongside the CFO to help develop new systems, procedures and analytical tools to support the business deliver its exciting growth plans.
CRITICAL requirement for the hire, is that the Group FP&A Mgr. has to be extremely conversant in managing databases and data extraction or management tools like Excel. The candidate comes with experience of having worked successfully as a proficient management accountant. As a Super user you know how to extract data and can advise and coach others. You can visualise how a database or linked spreadsheet or work flow can be constructed.
The Group FP&A Manager will serve as a valued business partner to the Group as well as Site Teams. With primary responsibility for overseeing the Financial, Planning and Analysis activities of the Group, the ability to drive the technical side is key:
- Help develop and design, then be responsible for overseeing the Group data warehouse / BI system together with reporting and analysis tools to support key stakeholders across the Group.
- A super user with Excel and ERP platforms – able to develop and write reports to extract and then analyse data from multiple platforms, including SQL/Crystal/BI type reports. In coordination with the IT Team takes ownership for developing the BI data warehouse within Microsoft Dynamics.
You have the experience to have evolved so that you are comfortable to lead a team and in turn can now deliver the finished products to the CFO/Board in professional output as indicated below in the job description.
- Lead the Group FP&A Team to take a proactive role in driving financial performance and improvements across the business, including mentoring and coaching group team/sites on how to undertake their own analysis and improve the accuracy and quality of their own reporting
- Support the Group Treasury activities including provision of reliable bank models/forecasts
- Monitor, challenge and hold businesses to account for performance to the annual budget / prior year or latest forecast
- Undertake financial, business and commercial analysis for Group or Site teams with ability to extract data from a variety of sources and present them in an easy to assimilate format
- Undertake tactical and strategic analysis to support business decisions or major investments such as Capital Investment and Pricing Proposals.
- Deliver “presentation ready” analysis for reports to the Board, the Bank and Senior Management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILL, ATTITUDES and BEHAVIOURS
- Graduate Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in FP&A, at a least 5 years managing the function in an International businesses. Ideal is a combination between a management and financial accountant who sees what drives the business. Sales driven – P&L experience is a must and able to be a business partner to the CEO and CFO.
- A demonstrated problem solver with a can do mentality. Someone who is self-motivated, with energy and drive to go the extra mile and take the lead on assignments, who anticipates the needs of all stakeholders and deliver highly quality presentation ready analysis or reports.
- Someone with resilience, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, dealing with change, tight schedules and deadlines to deliver results.
- A team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills who is able to cut through the detail and pinpoint the key issues and impacts. Able to convey messages clearly.
- Experience of developing and managing a BI Data Warehouse.
- Strong IT and financial analytical skills. The “Go To Person” for stakeholders needing help to extract data from any ERP / BI system.
- Fluency in French and English
- The following experience would be useful but not essential:
- Experience operating in IFRS environment
- Experienced user of Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience of a Distribution, B2B or supply chain business.
- Standard costing
Plaats tewerkstelling: Area Geneva, Switzerland.
Please apply to :
Mario Tondat, Managing Director
Tel. : +32 9 238 40 39 Mobile Phone: +32 475 55 79 27
Embark – HR Consultancy & Recruitment Services
Kerkstraat 53/001, 9070 Destelbergen, Belgium