Our client ZappTax www.zapptax.com is an innovative tax-free shopping mobile app that makes it easy for travellers to get 20% tax back on their shopping in France, Spain and Belgium and soon in the rest of Europe.
Each year, more than 100 million non-EU residents travel to the EU and purchase billions of euros in reclaimable tax with only a fraction of it being refunded. Why? The current process is fraught with inefficiencies: lots of paper, long queues, high fees and poor customer service. Besides, a vast majority of stores don’t even offer tax refunds.
That’s why we developed an entirely new digital process from scratch, allowing travellers to easily claim tax refunds wherever they shop by simply uploading pictures of their purchase invoices on our app.
Since our start in 2017, we’ve grown our Brussels and China team from 3 to 20. We are sufficiently funded and are now ready to accelerate our growth.
ZappTax is at the crossroads of the fintech, retail and tourism industry. Besides offering cheap and effortless tax refunds, we have many more ideas in store to become a digital platform connecting local retailers with global travellers.
To achieve our user growth objectives, we are looking for a content and data-driven marketing and communication director responsible for getting the word out about ZappTax with a focus on driving strong user acquisition across a variety of online and offline channels.
Working from our Brussels office, your responsibilities include defining a comprehensive growth marketing and communication plan and driving its execution. You are skilled at guerrilla marketing, are metrics-driven, and have hands-on experience with web analytics and automation tools to scale your impact. You can turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects. You also ensure that all marketing content is on-brand and in line with our identity. We also expect you to craft ideas and insights to be used to drive coverage with key audiences (media outlets, influencers, partners). Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and consistent brand throughout all our marketing activities.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to engage with a global audience. Sharing your insights as a key staff member, you will help shape not only the strategy and the product, but also the company and culture.
Define and execute overall marketing and communication strategy and budget.
– Build a full-fledged marketing team to accelerate our growth in key markets across Europe.
– Drive acquisition from paid marketing channels online and offline.
– Manage all content and inbound marketing.
– Work with product and development team to develop lifecycle marketing strategies, leveraging website (landing pages), email, push notification, SMS and in-app channels.
– Test new marketing actions and monitor results using digital metrics.
– Report and communicate performance to promote shared understanding of performance, marketing strategy, ROI, and opportunities.
– Oversee the production and consistency of all marketing material.
– Develop and implement PR campaigns to drive awareness and coverage of ZappTax service with key audiences.
– Minimum 5+ years of experience in a similar role in an international retail brand – retailer or in consulting, a tech platform – preferably in a growth environment. Knowing the French market.
– Analytics: proven track record of executing A/B tests, optimizing campaigns using KPIs and other productivity metrics (ROI, Customer Acquisition Cost) and translating data into insights.
– Very good writing, communication and presentation skills (English and French fluent) : clear and concise communicator with an innate sense of how to create content that resonates.
– Experience with performance and inbound/content marketing leveraging various tools and platforms.
– Living and breathing marketing, you believe branding and design is what drives everything.
– Data-driven and customer-led approach.
– Detail-oriented, analytical and data-obsessed and rigorous.
– You have an empathetic but assertive attitude.
– You care deeply about the quality of your work and how it impacts customers and brand.
Nice to have :
– Graphic Design experience is a plus.
– Proficiency with front end development tools, image creation and editing to create landing pages, modify existing web pages and implement experiments.
Plaats tewerkstelling: Brussels
Interested in this great opportunity? Please mail your cv and motivation to :
Mario Tondat – Managing Director – email@example.com
EMBARK – HR Consultancy & Recruitment Services www.embark.be
Tel. +32 9 238 40 39 – mobile +32 475 557 927
Kerkstraat 53/001 – B-9070 Destelbergen