Our client ZappTax, www.zapptax.com, is an innovative tax-free shopping mobile app that makes it easy for travelers to get 20% tax back on their shopping in France, Spain and Belgium and soon in the rest of Europe.
Each year, more than 100 million non-EU residents traveling to the EU purchase billions of euros in reclaimable tax with only a fraction of it being refunded. Why? The current process is fraught with inefficiencies: lots of paper, long queues, high fees and poor customer service. Besides, a vast majority of stores don’t even offer tax refunds.
That’s why we developed an entirely new digital process from scratch, allowing travelers to easily claim tax refunds wherever they shop by simply uploading pictures of their purchase invoices on our app.
Since our start in 2017, we’ve grown our Brussels and China team from 3 to 20. We are sufficiently funded and are now ready to accelerate our growth. ZappTax is at the crossroads of the fintech, retail and tourism industry. Besides offering cheap and effortless tax refunds, we have many more ideas in store to become a digital platform connecting local retailers with global travellers.
To achieve our growth objectives, we are looking for a Head of Operations and Customer Support in Brussels to help our teams deliver a customer support experience that delights our users, scales globally with our growth, and helps us drop our costs.
The role is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company. With 50.000 users we are already refunding hundreds of thousands of euros monthly to travellers coming to Europe from all continents. You will be leading, developing, and building teams that are focused on these challenges, as well as partnering with the marketing, product and engineering teams.
Working from our Brussels office, your responsibilities include defining a comprehensive operations and customer support strategy and plan and driving its execution. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to engage with a global audience. Sharing your insights as a key staff member, you will help shape not only the strategy and the product, but also the company and culture.
What you will need to do :
– Strategically lead and develop the Operations and Customer Support function to enhance performance by setting clear accountable performance measures.
– Lead, grow and build the teams needed for the operations and support functions as they cover topics such as process workstreams (profile validation, invoice verification, payments), content creation, self-serve support, communication channels, compliance and fraud detection, operational reporting, AI automation and the product quality feedback loop.
– Partner with the marketing, product and engineering teams to build a globally scalable model. For that purpose, use customer insight and root cause analytics to identify companywide improvements to translate into tech solutions.
– Set, monitor and gradually move operational and customer satisfaction metrics such as contact rates, document validation time, CS cost per trip, CSAT and NPS.
– Identify and recommend new tools, technologies, policies and outsourcing services to better serve our users.
– Develop and implement methods to record, assess, and analyze customer feedback.
– Develop and implement SOPs, training and quality assurance programs for new hires and experienced employees.
– Draft and implement the department’s budget.
– Act as the voice of the customer across the organization.
Between 3-5 years of experience preferably with combined exposure to consulting and/or similar role in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
– Strong analytical and business backgrounds as well as an understanding of operations and customer service.
– Strong written and verbal communicator with excellent presentation and writing skills.
– Experience working cross-functionally with multiple departments in consumer tech.
– Ability to multi-task by organizing and prioritizing work and coordinate required support across various functions to achieve project goals and objectives.
– You place customers first. You make no compromise on this.
– Living and breathing operations and customer service, you believe efficient processes and the relentless pursuit of customer satisfaction are what drives everything.
– Your approach is first and foremost analytics-driven and customer-led.
– You care deeply about the quality of your work and how it impacts customers and brand.
Fluency in both English and French is mandatory.
Plaats tewerkstelling: Brussels
Interested in this great opportunity? Please mail your cv and motivation to :
Mario Tondat – Managing Director – email@example.com
EMBARK – HR Consultancy & Recruitment Services www.embark.be
Tel. +32 9 238 40 39 – mobile +32 475 557 927
Kerkstraat 53/001 – B-9070 Destelbergen