Our client has a grown protective packaging business in Europe; amongst the lumber as key growth pillar. New hires boosted the growth in the region and now they’re looking for an International Sales / Market Manager, to offer wider packaging for timber, to accelerate growth and further improve business profitability.
This international Market Manager ensures a solid sales strategy the customers of his/her Market in accordance with the short, medium and long terms business segment objectives.
Allocated region: DACH Central Europe, UK, Ireland, Australia/NZ
This role will manage and grow the lumber protective packaging business in Central Europe, the UK and Australia/NZ. The (Commercial) Market Manager will cover existing customer relationships and hunt new opportunities for protective packaging in the region. The primary focus is on further building broad, deep and mutually-strategic relationships with our existing customers and maximizing gross margin by creating and capturing sustainable value. Secondly, the successful candidate will be adept at building the business through expansion of the customer base by creating and implementing strategies to grow the portfolio of customers active in the lumber industry.
- Develop customer centric insights and possess a deep knowledge of the customer’s organization – lead with an outside-in perspective
- the capability to identify the customer unmet needs;
- Understand the customer objectives well enough to describe the value we create in their language, not ours;
- Influence stakeholders at all levels within the customer’s organization;
- Involve the required stakeholders (internally- to be able to deliver the best solutions for the customers including senior management, customer service, Product Leadership, Product Engineering, Credit and Legal;
- Craft effective strategies in building and implementing customer and territory business plan to optimize and further develop sales volume, price, and gross margin.
- Manage the full customer relationship at the key accounts including sales planning, strategies, action plans and execution. Manages all key accounts to accomplish profit and growth goals while obtaining high customer satisfaction scores.
- Accurately forecast customer demand;
- Master or Bachelor in in forestry, business or engineering;
- 4+ years of B2B commercial experience at large multinational companies in an international environment;
- Relevant experience and understanding of the lumber packaging industry is a must;
- Knowledge & skills:
- Customer & commercial management;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated negotiation skills;
- Fluent in English & German, both written and oral.
- The ability to get things done quickly in a matrix organization.
- Abilities and personal characteristics
- Capability to be highly productive in a home office environment;
- Structured and detail oriented;
- Builds new relationships easily and has the ability to interact with all levels in an organization;
- Ability to successfully manoeuver through sensitive customer situations;
- Excellent initiative and self-motivation;
- Creative and pro-active mind-set;
- Willingness to travel
Plaats tewerkstelling: Based in Germany, BeNeLux or Austria
If you’re interested in this position and/or you need further information, you can contact Katrien Lefevere – Managing Consultant – on her mobile +32 473 512 891 or send your detailed resume to email@example.com
Embark – HR Consultancy & Recruitment Services